Monday, September 11, 2006

Theyskens appointed at Ricci

It's official! Nina Ricci will announce today that it has hired Olivier Theyskens as its new artistic director, Women's Wear Daily reports. The move has been widely expected following the resignation of previous Ricci designer Lars Nilsson last month. Theyskens has been jobless since consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble closed down the ready-to-wear division of Rochas in July, despite the critical acclaim Theyskens has garnered since he took over the brand in 2003.
Rochas
It was obvious that it wouldn't be long before the Belgian designer landed on his feet. Theyskens, who is just 29, said he felt on the cusp of a new chapter. "I’m totally excited about it. I’m very happy. It’s an honor," he told WWD in an interview. "I would like to see (Nina Ricci) become a symbol of beauty, of femininity and grace. I want to make it a brand with true values, an iconic brand. And I want to have a lot of girls fall in love with it!" I'm sure that won't be a problem!

No comments: