Friday, October 27, 2006

Kylie Darling!

Finally, the name of Kylie Minogue's scent has been unveiled - in true showbiz fashion, it will be called Darling. The fragrance, which will launch in Britain next month, is described as a "chypre-floriental" perfume. It features top notes of passion fruit, freesia and lychee, heart notes of lily and boronia and base notes including sandalwood, amber wood and vanilla.
Darling

"Having your own fragrance is like a dream for a woman," Kylie was quoted as saying in Women's Wear Daily. "I use ‘darling' a lot. My mother calls me darling. I call my friends darling. It's almost so old-fashioned it has come around again. It's sweet, personal, loving and affectionate. It's a term you can use for anyone — it's not just for your lover or your child, you can use it for everybody. And it's a little showbiz."

The scent is a democratic one. The eau de toilette will be available in a tiny 15-ml size that will be priced at 15 euros in Europe, about $19 at current exchange rates - perfect for a young girl buying her first perfume. Like many girls of my generation, I started out with Cacharel's Anais Anais. Even now, the smell of it brings back a wealth of memories.

No comments: